Simon Williams, Nicky M. Wright, John Cannon, Nicolas Flament, R. Dietmar Müller, Reconstructing seafloor age distributions in lost ocean basins, Geoscience Frontiers, Volume 12, Issue 2, 2021, Pages 769-780, ISSN 1674-9871, Reconstructing seafloor age distributions in lost ocean basins - ScienceDirect
• New method to generate maps of seafloor age from tectonic reconstructions.
• We compute seafloor ages with sensitivity analyses for the last 410 Myr.
• Reconstructions compatible with variations in mean seafloor age of ~15 Myr.
• The reconstructed age-area distribution is rarely triangular.
• GPlates, open-source software
Animations of results at 1 Myr increment are provided as a digital supplement, together with the code used to generate them. The source code and data files to reproduce all results in this study are freely available at siwill22/agegrid-0.1 v1-alpha | Zenodo.
Plate reconstructions, Sea level, Seafloor spreading, open-source, software, GPlates
This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (Creative Commons — Attribution 4.0 International — CC BY 4.0), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited. Attribuzione - Non commerciale - Non opere derivate 4.0 Internazionale (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0)