Available online 11 October 2021
Salvatore Miliziano, Simone Caponi, David Carlaccini, Armando de Lillis,
Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, Volume 119, 2022, 104212, ISSN 0886-7798,
(Prediction of tunnelling-induced effects on a historic building in Rome - ScienceDirect)
- Class A predictions of the excavation of a three-tunnel station are presented.
- The tunnels interact with a historic masonry building under very low covers.
- The developed 3D model accounts for the most influential features of the problem.
- Due to the protective measures implemented the expected damage is negligible.
- A comparison with a simpler approach is provided.